Monday, January 12, 2015

Conference Quotes of the Week

Chris is the greatest person/missionary ever.  No lie.  Today he sent me the most wonderful e-mail that completely made my day!  Yay missionary Mondays!  I get sadder all the time that he and I won't be able to reunite before I leave on my mission, but at the same time, he is such an inspiration for me that I simply can't wait for my mission!  Spreading the good news of the gospel, though hard, sounds like the best use of time ever.

Anyway, he said something in his e-mail that struck me.  So I decided that I'll throw it in my CQotD pile (which is overflowing after not posting last week!) and share it with you!  Hope you enjoy.

"We simply cannot call ourselves Christian and continue to judge one another--or ourselves--so harshly" -Sister Holland

"As individuals, we are strong. Together with God, we are unstoppable." -Sister Wixom

"God will not require more than the best we can give because that would not be just, but neither can He accept less than that because that would not be just either." -Elder Zeballos

"God's love is so perfect that He lovingly requires us to obey His commandments because He knows that only through obedience to His laws can we become perfect, as He is." -Elder Oaks

"A key to improved prayer is to learn to ask the right questions.  Consider changing from asking for the things you want to honestly seeking what He wants for you.  Then as you learn His will, pray that you will be led to have the strength to fulfill it." -Elder Scott

"We need to bear testimony, we need to mean it, and most importantly we need consistently to live it." -Elder Bednar

"Heavenly Father cares about us. He could be doing ANYTHING, but he chooses to patiently and lovingly walk us clumsily through the tumbles of life. All for the purpose of helping us grow." -Elder Rosenbalm


Here's an awkward pre-mission picture for you.

Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment