Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goals for 2015

I am one to make goals all of the time.  My goals for November were to actually give a crap about my hair, keep the house clean, and stop skipping classes.  I did pretty reasonably at only two of those goals (can you guess which ones?), so in December I decided that I'd focus on one goal.  Which was to vacuum my room at least once.  Yeah, that didn't happen.

Anyway, since it is the beginning of the year, it is only appropriate to make goals that span the length of 12 months!  That's pretty hefty, but coming up with goals was actually easy this time around.  I didn't have to think to hard - they just came to me!  But before I tell you my new goals, we have to go over how I did with last year's goals.  Apparently that's what I do every year or something.

Keep up on the blogging
Yup!  I feel like my blogging has been pretty easy to keep up with lately!  Maybe because it's been winter break and I have extra time to blog, but who knows.  I've blogged every single day of last year, and I think that is something to celebrate!

Eat three full meals a day
Yeah, I didn't even know that that was one of my goals until today when I found last year's post.  Hmm.  Well, I think I've been doing better than 2013!  Thanks to Indian bread and microwavable rice.

Get perfect grades and pass my AP Calculus test
Hah!  Never before have I gotten such less than perfect grades.  I've been getting several A-'s these days, which is truly a shame... but it turns out I don't really care.  I now prefer not over-stressing about things, because doing so is pretty unhealthy.  So I think I'm in a better mindset than I used to be, actually.  Oh, and I did pass my AP Calculus test.  Thank goodness! #donewithmathforever

Figure out what I want to do with my life and start working towards it
Check, and check.  I completely mapped out my future this year, and it all feels so right.  Everything is falling into place, I know just what I want to do and how to prepare.  Now that the stress over what I'm going to do is out of the way, the future is pretty exciting!

Continue saving and earning money
It really relieves a lot of stress to know that you have money put away for your future.  I've built up my savings a bit this year, which I'm very happy about!  I thought it would take forever to pay off China, but it is surprising how quickly money adds up when you don't spend it.  I've got some great ways to earn money (which is truly a blessing) and I feel like I'm pretty good at not spending it on things that don't really matter.  I'd say goal complete!
___________________________________________

Yay fulfilling goals!  Now for this year's (in no particular order)...

Stay somewhat active
Like I mentioned a couple days ago, I made the hard decision not to run the track season.  But I do still love running!  So even though I'm not competing, I hope to keep up my running habits and go on runs a couple times a week.  I really do feel so much better when I get exercise in, so I feel like this is an important goal for me.  Maybe I'll get creative and go biking or learn karate or something.  That would be great.

Don't over-think things
I've already come a long way with this one, but this year I'd like to work on it even more.  I used to get so stressed out over the smallest things, but they never turned out as bad as I thought they'd be.  So I'm going to try to see things as they really are, and not freak myself out.  Go with the flow.  You know.

Work on family history work
A couple of days ago I came across a conference talk that made me realize that I really need to get on family history work.  That seems like a HUGE task to me, but I will channel goal #2 and just take it one step at a time.  Maybe Seiji and Kylie will help me.  I know that if I can keep this goal and get some family history work done, so many people will be blessed by it.  And it will be cool to learn about my ancestors!

Kind of keep up with blogging
I think that it is so cool that I have every day of my high-school life recorded.  Not many people can say they do!  However, blogging does take a long time, and it has always been my plan to blog every single day through high school, but not really continue afterwards.  At some points I thought I would completely stop after high school.  But I don't think I will completely stop, I will try to blog a couple of times a week.  Only when I have something to say.  Because let's face it - not every day is super exciting!

Don't get engaged
I'm not even kidding!  Girls that graduated just in May are getting engaged left and right, even to boys they just met in college!  Which is of course awesome for them, but I really don't believe that that is the path for me.  There is so much I want to do before I get married!  Actually, there's only one thing, which is a mission.  Then I want to get married, haha.  But yeah, I am not going to let a boy get in between me and my mission!
___________________________________________

That would conclude my list of goals.  They all seem pretty reasonable, right?  That's the thing with goals, you have to make them realistic or else they never happen (like my vacuuming goal).  Anyway, I hope that you all had fun with your New Year's festivities!  Mine included the most delicious seafood dinner and a Tetris tournament with my family.  I wish you all a magical 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment