Friday, January 9, 2015

Well, He's Gone...

I've always been nervous about the day that Seiji would move out.  I guess I was lucky to have him here for as long as I did, considering he stayed home for his first year of college.  But it's still hard.  I mean, he's my best friend!  I love spending time with him, even if it's just sitting on his bed while he tries to do homework.  I'm really going to miss that.

However, you will be glad to hear that I'm handling it better than I thought I would.  There were only two nights this week that I struggled, feeling pretty lonely and like I missed my brother and stuff.  Yeah, maybe the other nights were easier because Seiji and Kylie came over for dinner (I lured them home by cooking their favorite foods) but still.

So even though I'm a lonely only child these days, I am looking on the bright side... the increased closet space!



It wasn't easy clearing out the space in his room needed for my hundreds of sweaters and t-shirts.  Kylie and Seiji had to come a couple of times this week to sort through all of Seiji's stuff.  Holy cow - he has kept everything from his childhood!  It was kind of fun reminiscing, though, and I may or may not have ran around in his karate uniform (that he wore when he was 8) for an entire night.


Upon leaving, Seiji decided that it would be a good idea for me to keep two of his katanas in my closet.  You know, for self defense and all.  Can't say I've ever felt safer...

I told these two righteous boys that they need to hang around my house even more now that the priesthood is gone from it *sobs*

Swords and closet space.  Doesn't quite make up for my brother leaving me so unceremoniously, but life must go on.  Somehow Shakee and I will survive!

He's also having a hard time with Seiji being gone.  But now he actually kind of likes being with me, so that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment