Wednesday, February 25, 2015

BYU Art Museum

Tonight I was teaching piano.  You know, the usual.  Usually I teach four lessons on Wednesdays, but in the middle of my first lesson I got a text that my 7:00 and 7:30 students wouldn't be able to come.  No problem!  Once I finished the teaching that I still had, I called up my BFFs and spontaneously we decided that a trip to the BYU Art Museum was in order.  You know, because eventually I'll have to write a report on some sculptures for my art class, so we were just thinking ahead.


This was a noteworthy experience because it was the first time that all four of us were able to hang out together!  We are always missing someone, so it was a lot of fun to have the whole group of dark haired, glasses wearing kids in one place that's not Dustin or G's classroom.

Anyway, we only had an hour at the museum on account of how difficult it was to decide where to meet (do we all meet at Ethan's?  Should Jeff pick up Madi and then meet Bailey at Ethan's?  Should Madi and Jeff both drive to Ethan's, and then all get into Madi's car to go to Bailey's?)  But it was an hour well spent!  I do love art museums, if you didn't know.  It is lovely that the art museums around me are free because I get to go them all the time!  And the fact that all four of us are art-appreciating students makes the experience even more valuable.  I don't think a single one of us would have gotten bored at the place if given ample time, despite what this picture may imply...

He wasn't bored, I promise.  He was just dying because he hadn't eaten all day.

The traveling exhibit that was there was Japanese Art Deco.  We spent a good half of our time in that exhibit alone because it was so interesting!  Ahh, everything was so pretty... I highly recommend checking it out if you get the chance.

The rest of the museum, like always, was beautiful.  And the rainbow strings in the main lobby place were way cool, I wish I took a picture!

Eventually we were kicked out because they were closing, so we finished our evening off with some quality Costa Vida.  It was a fantastic evening for sure!

2 comments:

Angee said...

You should check out the nature photo exhibit at the Bean Museum at BYU. It was quite cool. It runs through April 3.

Madi Riye said...

Woah! That sounds cool. I'll have to check it out, thanks for letting me know!

Post a Comment