Friday, February 20, 2015

My Closest Friend

It the week of birthdays!  As you may or may not know, today is my dear friend Jeff's birthday.  And everyone knows how much I appreciate this fellow!


Without a doubt, Jeff is my closest friend.  Let's see.... we have been friends since 8th grade so that is 5 years.  Holy!  Seems like a long time, but at the same time it seems like a short time.  Either way, it seems like he has always been a part of my life and I am so grateful for that, because he has proved to be the most loyal and supportive friend anyone could ever have.

First of all, let's talk about how Jeff laughs at every single one of my jokes.  We have the same exact humor, so Jeff and I have WAY too much fun making puns and witty comments.  I'm sure people are confused while listening to one of our conversations, because our talk is mixed with so many obscure references, vague puns, and things that only the two of us would understand because of how similar we are.  It is often said that Jeff is the boy version of me, and I am the girl version of him.  And I guess I have to agree!


Going off of how Jeff and I are so similar, it is amusing to me how our interests are kind of the same, causing us to lead very similar lives.  We are both hardcore Skills kids, with a love for the arts (photography being extra alluring), and an appreciation for indie music and even making music.  We also both like running and eating ethnic food.  We both have unique styles and deep desires to travel the world and learn about every single culture.  Because we have so many similar interests, we never get bored!  We can always find some adventure to go on, or have some interesting thing to talk about.


Jeff has helped me through so many hard times in my life.  He probably doesn't even realize how much he has helped me by just being there for me, always ready to listen and support me!  And he is such an example to me, especially now as he is preparing to serve a mission.  I'm so grateful to have him in my life!

So Jeff, I hope that you have had the best birthday!  I can't believe that you are an adult now.  That's quite disgusting, actually.  But yes.  Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment