Saturday, March 28, 2015

Now That SkillsUSA is Over...

Does life even continue after Skills is over?


I was so busy working and working towards these past couple of days, and now it is all over.  I have to say, it is kind of a relief!  I mean, I love Skills and am totally okay with it taking over my life, but it is going to be super nice to have some time to do whatever else for a little while.  You know, before we start working hard for Nationals!

I know I will have no problem at all, filling up my time even without Chapter Display, but I have come up with a list of things that I want to accomplish/work on while I have some down time.  Let me share some with you!  Because then maybe you can hold me to it, haha.

I want to learn how to draw.  I'm starting to get a little bit concerned that I'm going to be an art major, but I can't even draw anything even vaguely realistic!  I once painted a pretty good cupcake, and my chalk murals can be above average,  But that is about where my talent ends.  No worries though!  Jeff said that he would teach me how to art, so this will be good!

I want to let myself play the piano more.  The piano is magnetic.  I see it, and think okay, you have some time to play one song, and then an hour later I find myself still at the piano.  This can definitely be a problem, considering I am a very busy person with a lot of things to accomplish.  But it is also a good thing that I love the piano, so I'm going to let myself practice and maybe I can improve my musical skills!

I want to get back to sewing and running.  Mostly all of my hobbies!  Funny how you can so easily neglect the things that you love doing.  But, I have made a schedule for when I'll make time for running, and I'll make more of an effort to sew!  Maybe I can start my mission clothes.  I'm not leaving until next year, but it could be a good excuse to make some quality things.

I'm going to start regular Family History nights.  I've already got one planned for next week!  I am ready to exemplify my calling and start teaching all sorts of people the glorious wonders of family history.  I have a lot of family members who want to learn the basics, so I guess I will start with them!  And hey, if you want to be taught or just come and work with those who I teach and I, just give a holler.  Really.

I want to learn how to golf!  It seems so serene, and learning new things is pretty much my favorite.  Plus my dad said that I really should learn in order to avoid the many awkward situations he's been in because of his lack of golfing knowledge.  Bailey is a golfer, and he claims that it is one fantastic sport.  He said he would teach me, and then I'll see if he is right about its quality!

So there are just a few of the things I want to do now that I'll have some more time in my life.  The list doesn't end there of course.  I also want to deep clean my room, weed the garden, read more books, and finally get that change counted (the bag has been sitting on my floor for over a month now).  My endeavors may seem hefty, but I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment