Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sterling Scholar Interviews

Good news, folks - I am finally a pro at spelling "scholar"!  I struggled with that for a period of time.  On a related note, remember a couple of months ago when I was named my high school's Skilled and Technical Education Sciences Sterling Scholar?  Yup. Well, last month they had us turn in complete portfolios that they would look over and judge.  From our portfolios, they decided whether or not we would be semifinalists.  Most of us Sterling Scholars from my school, including me, were called back as semifinalists for interviews!

I'll have to be honest here and say that I wasn't as excited about this opportunity as much as I should have been.  I knew that even without Sterling Scholar money I would have college covered, and officially accepting a 4-year scholarship last week made me even less interested in Sterling Scholar than I already was.  Nonetheless, I donned my business casual (I freaking love any excuse to wear dress pants) and decided to do my best at the interview!


It was not a very long process, being interviewed and waiting for my friends to be interviewed.  And it wasn't scary at all; I don't get nervous about interviews, and the judges were a bunch of business men (they are about the easiest brand of people to talk to, in my opinion).

Anyway, I thought that the interview went pretty well, and it was kind of fun!  Especially getting Olive Garden with everyone afterwards.  The fact that the school paid for that was a nice bonus.


In the end, though, only one of us got called back as a finalist, and it was not me but rather a deserving boy named John (good fellow).  I'm glad I was able to have the experience (and the high school glory) of being a Sterling Scholar!  Though I am pretty relieved that it is all over with...

No comments:

Post a Comment