Friday, March 27, 2015

Our Chapter Display!

Are you ready to finally see the finished product?!  Ladies and gentlemen, here is my chapter's Chapter Display.  I am truly proud of this piece of quality craftsmanship.


Don't even panic that our logo is backwards.  Because guess what?!  It rotates!  Amazing!


It was so cool to set up our display today, because it is actually the first time we have seen it in its full glory.  That's because we kept the covers on the cubes up until it was ready to be judged, just to protect the Plexiglas!


Most of our display is made out of metal, so we owe huge "thank-you"s to Bailey's dad and a metals instructor at a nearby high school.  Both of those guys helped us out immensely!  Yup, it is a metal frame with metal "skins", handcrafted Plexiglas boxes, a TV, timelines to pull in the history of SkillsUSA, and an inner tent made of white fabric.  All on top of a gorgeous wooden base.  Sounds simple, but man, it was a lot of work!


All the hard work paid off, though!  Tonight was closing ceremonies, which means a big party and then the announcing of the winners of each competition.


And.... our Chapter Display won!  Yay!  It was pretty exciting, but not super exciting because the judges told me right off that we got first place, before I even started presenting.  I mean, yeah, our competition didn't even show up, but you still have to get a certain amount of points to get gold!


Haha but it was a lot of fun.  Competing is always a good experience for me, because I get nervous and don't necessarily like competition.  I feel like I'm improving, though!  And speaking of improving, there are so many things that we are going to do to make our display as good as it can be for Nationals.  We decided that we have a chance at placing there!  Man, it's a really good thing that I have the best teammates, and the best advisers as well...  I can't wait to go to Louisville with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment