Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy Birthday, Bailey!

The first time I talked Bailey, apparently I was a jerk. I wouldn't put it past myself, considering the impatient mood I was in at the time. We were in Dustin's class, he was working on whatever he works on, and Jeff, Chris and I were rushing to finish our Promotional Bulletin Board before I left for China in a day or two. I guess Chris was the only one who replied to Bailey's friendly conversation!


Haha, luckily Bailey gave Jeff and I a second chance. We were put in the SkillsUSA presidency together and had weekly meetings where we got to know each other more than we got things done for Skills. The three of us, as well as Ethan, became really good friends over the course of the next few months!


I guess I should mention the crush on Bailey I developed around mid-October, around the time we went to A101. I was enthralled with him from the beginning, of course. I mean, the most talented video kid in the school also happened to be the most handsome person I've ever seen, and on top of that he's extremely nice and funny. I fangirled over him for a while before Coach Rachel convinced me to ask him on a date. Which I did, and left him with a handshake when I dropped him off. That was freaking hilarious to me, but he doesn't think so.


Luckily he didn't think I'm too much of a weirdo, so we continued on with our friendship. He gets along so well with my best friends and I, it seems strange that he hasn't been with us from the very beginning. We started spending lots of time together and he and I actually started dating earlier this month. Turns out he's liked me for a long time too, so that's convenient!


Anyway, today is his birthday and so let's celebrate his existence! His existence that I'm obviously very appreciative of. How couldn't I be? He's pretty much the best person I know. As I mentioned, he's talented (at everything), handsome, and so nice. Another thing that really drew me to him is how excited about the gospel he is! Bailey is such an example to me of someone who is always keeping Christ in mind and trying to improve every day.

Bailey is also a lot of fun. He's always up for hanging out and trying new things. He and I have been raised kind of differently, so it's been fun showing him the ways of IKEA and matching socks, and from him I've learned a bit about the farm life and how to appreciate soda properly.


Basically, Bailey is the best person I know. It is interesting to me that this time last year we hardly knew of each other's existence, but now we are completely inseparable. I am so glad that he and I got to know each other, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life!

So happy birthday Bailey! Thank you for everything you've done for me, and for just being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment