Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tie-Dye & Pupusas

I feel like I used to be so good at planning birthday festivities, but my talents seem to have left me!  Of course, my friends and I wanted to do something to celebrate the wondrous existence of our dearest Bailey yesterday, so we put our heads together and came up with a list of exciting things to do.  It was a pretty good list, and from it Bailey concluded that it was indeed a day for tie-dying; something we've wanted to do for a while!


Turns out we are pretty expert at tie-dying.  It's a fun thing to do, and we think our shirts turned out delightfully!


The festivities did not end there.  Eths and I had taken the day off work, so we had lots of time to do whatever we wanted.  So we ended up playing on a playground and having some sort of push-up contest...



We eventually ended up at my house when I realized I had left my phone there.  We got a little bit distracted by Tetris and some delicious chocolate and chips.  But really, Tetris is the best.  Turns out Eths is way better at it than all of us!


Eventually we all met back up with Bailey's family, and all of us went to an El Salvadorian restaurant to prepare for the Central American days that await Bailey.  We were excited to try pupusas (a staple in El Salvadorian cuisine), and they did not disappoint!  I actually really loved the place, and will for sure go back.  Plus it was super cheap, and that's always a plus for poor students like us.



So that's pretty much how our day went!  It was a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment