Wednesday, April 22, 2015

UHSFF

It's always so amusing to me, the places I find myself.  But I figure that I should take every opportunity presented to me, since no learning is wasted... and someday I'll be too old to do random things!

Anyway, this time I found myself at the Utah High School Film Festival.  Over the course of this school year, Jeff, Eths, and I have become honorary video kids as our main friends are such.  We definitely did not see that coming.  But the video kids are just so quality!  And now that I'm dating one, I'm immersed in the program even more yet still not a part of it.  It's actually kind of funny.


The Film Festival was pretty interesting.  It was a whole day ordeal, and started out with a speaker.  I may have fallen asleep for part of the speech, but from what I heard of it it was pretty good.  It taught me all about how to be a better filmmaker or something like that.

After that, we were dismissed to go to workshops.  Bailey and I went workshop hopping, and visited several classes and learned several things that were actually pretty awesome.


My favorite part was the second half of the day, though, when we got to watch all of the winning video entries for all of the different categories.  I am astounded by how talented all of those high school kids are, my school being no exception!  Seriously, Bailey won a ton of awards, it was kind of awesome.  And my other friends did awesome too!

They drank Mountain Dew out of their trophies...

So I was glad I went even though I didn't really know why I went.  I mean, the free t-shirt was a huge plus, and it was just a fun day overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment