Wednesday, May 20, 2015

12th Grade in Review

What an eventful school year!  I feel like it just started, but we graduate next week!  Wowie!  To celebrate such festivities, I've come up with a collection of highlights over the year.  Because it was indeed a good one!

I ran my last year of cross country
Oh how I've loved cross country over the years!  My first year was my favorite, I loved being the youngest on the team.  But, each year brought new friends and experiences!  This year was lots of fun, I especially loved going to Idaho.

I met this guy named Bailey
I had a huge crush on Bailey for a long time before I told him.  Here is a picture of our first date.  Over the year, he became my favorite friend, and now we are dating!  It is crazy to me how someone you didn't know a year ago can become the most important person in your life.

I was in the SkillsUSA presidency
You all know how much I loved serving as the communications officer for our chapter.  Somehow, this vocational organization took over my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way!  SkillsUSA brought opportunities that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise, my favorite being our time at A101.  I also really liked the presidency shirts.

I became the Skilled and Technical Sciences Education Sterling Scholar
I always thought it would be cool to be a Sterling Scholar, but never thought I'd actually do it.  Well, I did, and the glory was indeed cool!  In the yearbook it says under my picture on the Sterling Scholar page, "Shook hands with the guy who discovered the Terracotta Warriors and is the SkillsUSA Communications Officer and state gold medalist" which about sums me up.

I received a 4-year academic merit scholarship through UVU
For so long I struggled with the question of where I wanted to go to college.  But this year, the answer became obvious!  I can't wait to go to UVU, and am so grateful to have a scholarship to do so.

I competed in SkillsUSA
You would not believe how much time my team and I spent on this display.  But it was all worth it for the team bonding and fun times at Skills State!  It is always a good experience to go out of your comfort zone, and that is what I did with taking on this project.

I went to Senior Prom
Senior prom is supposed to be some huge thing, so I thought I would add it.  Plus it was indeed a fun time being able to dress up, and being able to stare at my handsome date all evening!  It was my last high school dance, not including the senior dinner dance next week, and it was well spent.  Except dances aren't really my thing so it is a relief they are over haha.
___________________________________________________

Yay for senior year!  My favorite part about it was my free schedule.  I had to be in class so little, I was able to spend lots of time with my friends and doing whatever I wanted.  It was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment