Saturday, June 27, 2015

Goodbye, Louisville

Closing Ceremonies marks the end of the SkillsUSA National Conference!  That's when we all get dressed up in our uniforms and the winners of each competition are announced.


Nobody in our chapter medaled, which is kind of a shame because normally we have one or two people.  But that is okay, I think we all did our best!  My chapter display team and I got 11th place in the nation, so I guess that's not too bad.  Just kind of, haha.


Closing ceremonies was followed by a delicious SkillsUSA sponsored dinner.  Which is a good thing because it was 10 at night and nobody had had dinner yet.  It was kind of sad, because a lot of people were really bummed about not having done as well as they thought they had.  But everyone was a good sport, and so an evening of eating and swimming was indeed enjoyable!


As fun as this week was, I must say that I am glad it is over.  I feel really done with high school now, having spent the week with kids who I'm honestly okay with never seeing again.  Last year's group of people was much more enjoyable than this year's, in my opinion, but I had more fun this year because I got out and explored everything that I could!  I don't feel like I wasted a single minute on this trip, so it is definitely time to go home and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment