Friday, June 12, 2015

The Scottish Festival 2015

I accidentally double booked my schedule this evening.  This is what happens when you don't use your planner religiously.  I planned to go to Mary Poppins at the Scera with the ladies, but I also agreed to go to the Scottish Festival with Seiji and friends!  After much inner turmoil, I decided to go to the Scottish Festival because I can always go see Mary Poppins later.  I love musicals.  Please, someone.  Come see Mary Poppins with me.

Anyway, the Scottish Festival was a lot of fun!  Honestly I don't know if I'd go again, the crowds are getting bigger and there really isn't that much to see except for people in kilts and the occasional dog in a kilt.  But I'll be gone for the next two festivals anyway, because of my mission, so that wouldn't even be an option now that I think about it.  So I'm glad I went this evening!

When we first got there, we ate dinner and I was overjoyed to be eating shepherd's pie because I love that stuff.  I also tried some of Seiji's haggis which actually wasn't that bad.  After we ate, Kylie and I explored around a bit while Seiji and Nathan spent all their time in the weapons shop, seeking out and buying their yearly Scottish Festival weapon (it's tradition!)


Kylie and I did a little bit of shopping of our own!  Kylee was in the market for a wolf shirt, so she was ecstatic when she found this gem.  And I finally bought a dagger, because believe it or not I've wanted one for a while, haha.  Seiji and Nathan taught me how to listen to the call of the weapons, to know exactly which one to choose.



We didn't really have anything else to do, so we bought some ginger beer and headed on our way.  Ginger beer sounds delicious, right?!  No.  It's not.  It tastes like dust and dirt mixed with some grandmas and makes your throat burn.  We were surprised it wasn't alcoholic, it was so strong!  None of us could drink very much.


Haha so that about sums up our Scottish Festival experience!  Always a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment