Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bailey's Farewell

Bailey's farewell was today, and I was so relieved that I didn't really have to say farewell like everyone else did (we still have two more days!)  Nevertheless I was crying like a baby by the end of his talk.  He did a really good job, talking about mission preparation.  I like that he had that topic, because he had a lot to say and a lot to teach other people.  He talked about how preparing for a mission is not so easy because it seems all fun and exciting, but when you get closer it gets kind of scary thinking about leaving everything you know.  He taught that you just need to have faith that you're doing the right thing, and that you need to look to Christ as the perfect example of a missionary.  After his talk we sang "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and my mom and I just lost it!  We are not ready to see Bailey go!

After his talk we all went to a nearby park to eat lunch and visit with everyone.  I wasn't about to leave Bailey's side as he went to talk to all the people who came.  And of course, we had to get lots of pictures!


Mike doesn't mind third-wheeling.



I hope you noticed how Bailey and I are adorable with our coordinating outfits, haha.  Well, he and I have just two more days left to enjoy each other's company before he heads off on Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment