Friday, November 20, 2015

BAILEY IS HOME!

For medical reasons, Elder Holmes has been honorably released as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I know that it is unfortunate that health problems have not allowed Bailey to stay in El Salvador (I know he would have really liked to stay), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely ecstatic that he is back home!!


I AM SO HAPPY.  El Salvador is not the safest place in the world and I missed Bailey like crazy, so I am 100% okay with having him back in my arms.  Wednesday morning I learned that he would be flying in on Friday, so I've spent the last few days skipping around with a big smile on my face.  And let me tell you, these past few days have been so SLOW.  I thought Friday would never come.  And now that it has I can hardly believe he is back - it seems too good to be true!

All of his family and I went to the airport to greet him with big signs, balloons, and hugs (and tears of joy, as you can see).  Haha, we even waited at a place closer to where we'd meet Bailey, just so we could cut a couple seconds off our wait...  though it technically wasn't allowed!

Bailey is a butthead.  We saw him walking towards us, and he looked at us and turned to the bathroom!  So we had to keep waiting... but I'm a master of waiting now so it's cool.

The rest of the evening consisted of hearing about Bailey's El Salvador stories.  It definitely seems like quite the place!  He told us about his lizard friend who died under his companions bed, he told us about all the 10 year olds who smoke weed, he told us about the t-shirts members would wear with inappropriate phrases in English (they didn't know what their shirts said, haha), and the guy who got attacked and killed by a gang 30 minutes after Bailey and his companion left his house.   Oh, and apparently he can make some awesome pupusas now.  Listening to his stories, I could see how much Bailey has grown in these past couple of months.  And I could see the Lord's hand in lots of his experiences.  He definitely protects his servants!

I'm so proud of my return missionary!  He sacrificed everything that he had to go and serve, and did so willingly and worthily.  He carried on and served until he was no longer able, then kept on serving.  Bailey has offered everything to the Lord, and I am grateful that he could do that without leaving for too long!

It's a little bit confusing when things don't go exactly as planned.  We thought we knew exactly what the next few years looked like, but now we have no idea where we will be this time next year.  But I know that the Lord has a plan.  He's got it all figured out, so we don't have to worry as long as we are guided by Him!  How grateful I am that His plan has allowed my Bailey and I to be together again.


*Also, my parents say that I was grumpy the last three months because I missed Bailey so much.  So I apologize to all victims of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment